Fluid coupling is a hydrodynamic device used to transmit rotating mechanical power. It has widespread application in marine and industrial machine drives, where variable speed operation and controlled start-up without shock loading of the power transmission system is essential.
A fluid coupling consists of three components, plus the hydraulic fluid. The housing, also known as the shell (which must have an oil-tight seal around the drive shafts), contains the fluid and turbines. Two turbines (fan like components), One connected to the input shaft known as the pump or impellor, and the other connected to the output shaft, known as the turbine, output turbine. The driving turbine is rotated by the prime mover. The impellor's motion imparts both outwards linear and rotational motion to the fluid.
The hydraulic fluid is directed by the 'pump' whose shape forces the flow in the direction of the output turbine, thus causing it to rotate in the same direction as the pump.Thus the power is transmitted from the driving to the driven
- Fluid Coupling diameter : 200mm to 600mm
- Suitable for 1 HP to 425 HP 4 and 6 Pole motors
- Fluid coupling is available with provision for Flexible coupling, Pulley & Brake drum
- Material Handling : conveyors, crushers, winches, cranes, trolleys
- Processing Equipment : rotary driers, filters, mixers, agitators, centrifuges, blenders
- Oil Extraction
- Marine transmission, haulages, winches
- General Applications : pumps, compressors, fans, textile machines, paper machines, sugar machines etc.
Salient Features :
- Smooth start.
- Motor starts on No load.
- No wearing parts.
- Reduced power consumption.
- Overload protection.
- Acts as slip clutch
- Increased life for machine and switch gear
Fluid Coupling supplier and manufacturer :
Pethe Industrial Marketing Company Pvt. Ltd. is the leading manufacturer and supplier of Fluid Couplings in Mumbai, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Delhi, Pune, Bangalore, Chennai, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Baroda, Hyderabad, Latur, Nagpur, Udaipur, Telangana, Vijaywada, Surat, Rajkot, Bhopal, Coimbatore, Raipur, Ranchi, Faridabad, Noida, Ghaziabad and all over India.